From the Workshop to the Accademia
The Accademia del Caffè Espresso comes to life at the Workshop: home to La Marzocco from 1960 to 2009, an industrial manufacturing facility transformed to a center for training, cultural endeavors and innovation.
The Old Facility Launches a New Journey, Blending History and Vision
Established in 1927, La Marzocco officially opened the Pian di San Bartolo facility in 1960. From the beginning, all shop floor staff referred to it as “the workshop”, a space for craftmanship animated by skilled hands. La Marzocco’s was here until 2009, when the company moved to its current site in Scarperia.
Tenacious renovation preserved its original layout and architecture. Today, the Accademia del Caffè Espresso is a platform blending history, culture and science through its exhibition space, labs, indoor coffee plantation and experimental workshops.